Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Express Treatment Conditioner Review

046
053
065002008


If I’m honest I’m not the best with my hair; I regularly go long periods of time without cutting it, I often fall asleep with wet hair, I even brush my wet hair with a brush… I know I’m awful. I am though, kind of lucky, my hair is of normal type, so isn’t dry and fizzy and nor is it greasy. However I am always on the look our for new products to make my hair nice and shiny and smooth, like all us girls.
I recently received this sample from Dove. I applied for the sample through their Facebook page I think (it was a long time ago now). I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the sample, as it was a miniature bottle, and not an awful sachet.

Anyways this is a newish product from their Dove Nourishing Oil Care product range. It is an Express Treatment Conditioner which claims to have three times the power of a standard conditioner, and it is designed to revive dry and frizzy hair in just one minute. It also claims the treatment will seal the cuticles to lock in nutrients and smoothes frizz.


The Good
  • It did leave my hair soft and smooth, as promised.
  • Smells lovely, the usual Dove soapy smell.
  • Product was a lovely thick consistency.
  • Easy to apply, it spread through my hair easily.
  • A little goes a long way, I used a about a quarter of the bottle given, which was sufficient.
The Bad
  • In my opinion it did not leave my hair anymore soft and smooth, than when I use my normal conditioner.
Overall- 3/5
I like this product as a conditioner as it did leave my hair soft and smooth, as it should. However it left my hair no more soft and smooth than when I use a normal conditioner, which is what disappointed me. When using an intensive conditioner I like to see a significant difference in the quality of my hair, I like to feel that it has restored lost nutrients etc, this did not happen with this product. I would not buy this product again.
I have to mention, that due to my hair being a normal type, i.e not frizzy and dry, I am perhaps not the ideal customer to be reviewing this product, it may give completely different results for  someone who does have dry hair.

Have any of your tried this product, I would love to hear if it gave different results for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment