Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Secret Reason You Lie, Cheat, and Steal

The Secret Reason You Lie, Cheat, and Steal

Are you more moral in the morning? On this week's Men's Health Live, online editor Andrew Daniels explains why men lie, cheat, and steal more as the day goes on. 

With every passing hour, he explains, your supply of self-control dries up. You start with the most in the A.M., and as the day proceeds, fatigue and hunger combine to speed up your moral descent. When your willpower is zapped, you're more likely to give in to temptations.

Co-host Gregg Stebben wonders how this impacts common lies we often tell ourselves about working out, and if it affects his own vow to lose weight over the holidays.

"If I make that vow to myself in the morning, I really should be very aggressive about laying the groundwork to sticking with it in the morning so I have some momentum that carries me through the rest of the day. If I put off working out until the end of the day, there's a stronger chance that I'll actually break that promise. That's kind of like a lie."

For more great conversation and useful information, click here to listen to the entire episode. PLUS: Subscribe to the Men's Health Live Podcast.

More from this week's Men's Health Live:
When You're Most Likely to Lie 

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment