Monday, April 30, 2012

Makeup Storage I wish I had never bought


DSCF2439
DSCF2435DSCF2445
Well I actually bought this not so of a gem of a makeup box quite a few months ago, and have wrestled with it ever since.

For my day-to-day make-up; I store that in a make-up bag that just gets moved around the house as and when I use it, as it means I can just grab it and take it to whether-ever I go, and its all in one place.
However for my other make-up items that aren’t used on my face everyday, like many other girls, they were all thrown into a top draw of my dresser. This was a nightmare! I could never find anything, and regularly things would leak and ruin other items. So one day I decided enough was enough! I went onto amazon and started searching for vanity cases, I wanted something sleek, and not translucent, so I could just throw everything in, and no one would see the mess inside. I mean I am a lucky girl, and as I have a second bedroom, when I have no guests, this second bedroom is my walk-in wardrobe/ dressing room, it is literally filled with clothes, make-up and shoes, that I hide when I do have guests. So I wanted something that could be placed on top of the dresser, that looks good, but was more organised than a draw. Something that would make the most of my dressing room.

I decided that this was the make-up box I wanted, I liked the sleek curves of it, the fact it was black, and that it was cheap at £16. But god, I didn’t expect it to look so cheap! From the outside, it looks fine, but when I received it, its clear to see that a cheap price means cheap quality, it was not a bargain, it is just tat! The draws themselves feel like they are make out of cardboard, and its flimsy. regularly I’m fighting the draws back in. Its a lot smaller than I imagined, so only fits in like half of the stuff I wanted it too, so I still have a giant make-up bag that holds the other proportion of my make-up collection. Not the sleek, tidy and organised look I wanted for my dresser top.

So I am still searching! I have seen loads of great reviews and pictures of the Muji drawers, that I am tempted, but I didn’t really want a see-through storage unit, as when I have guests I don’t want my clutter being on show.

So if anyone has any other recommendations? Or can persuade me to buy the Muji drawers then give me your thoughts! I need ideas and solutions girls, before this vanity case drives me insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment