Thursday, March 15, 2012

Montagne Jeunesse Peel-Off Masque Review


Today is suppose to be another productive dissertation writing day, however I'm not really feeling inspired or motivated, so for the few hours I have before work I have decided to catch up on my blogs, watch a few movies and beautify myself. So if you had read one of my previous posts, I had picked up a bumper pack of Montagne Jeunesse face masks and had previously reviewed a fruit smoothie deep cleaning mask. Today I am reviewing a peel-off mask.

The product is a anti-stress cucumber peel-off masque. The product claims to gently peel away dead skin. "You will find a fresher face when you peel away our purifying mask: the ideal gentle peel specially formulated for problem and t-zone skin. It removes impurities and dead cells whilst cleaning and reviving the skin." 

The Good
  • Dries quite quickly
  • Peels off easily
  • Did leave my skin soft and smooth afterwards
The Bad
  • Very sticky to apply
  • In my opinion it smells like washing up liquid
  • The smell did not have the anti-stress qualities advertised.
  • As it is very thick, there does not seem to be as much product as the other clay masks, so there is only one application per sachet. 
Overall- 3/5
My personal opinion is that these peel off masks are not as effective as clay or mud masks. I do not feel or see that they clean and purify as effectively. I'm, not saying this is a bad product, it is just not my favourite and I will not be purchasing peel-off masks in the future.

What is you opinion on peel-off masks? Do you find them effective? 

No comments:

Post a Comment