Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fitness Friday| March Running/ Walking Challenge

Image taken from Tumblr
I hope you have been taking on some of the tips from the past few Fitness Fridays, and trying to incorporate a few of these into your everyday lives. Remember that little changes equal big changes. Personally I have decided that I am going to try and body brush 3 times a week, as well as moisturise, I don't want lumpy thighs for my holiday in June, so think this will really make a difference.

So this month we have a walking or running challenge, based on your fitness level. I used to be an avid runner, and really saw the benefits from it very quickly, so am trying to get back into it. I know to begin with it can be difficult, I'm a girl who couldn't even run 100 metres, but you soon build up your fitness levels.

This challenge is taken from Justaskiinyminute.tumblr.com. Her challenges really inspire me, so I want to inspire you and hope you will join me this month. Here is your action plan;

I will explain this chart to you, as it can be a little confusing. You basically need to take the number for that day and make your own challenge with it, based on your fitness level. This also ensures you are mixing up your routine, making boredom less likely. For example today the number is 4, therefore I aim to incorporate 40 second sprints into my run (I normally run at a very slow pace). Tomorrow the number is again 4, so I could decide to instead go for a 4 mile walk/run.

Do whatever you fancy, and whatever your body will permit you to do. If you wish, you could start from scratch, as I am a week behind posting this, so start with 20 second sprints, or a 2 mile run. 

For those of you who don't fancy running, there is the fun Jumping Jack Challenge, found here; Jumping Jack Challenge. I have posted about the benefits of jumping jacks previously, found here; Fitness Fridays-Jumping-jack Challenge

Its a new month, so set yourself some new fitness and health goals, and try to succeed them by the end of the month. If you set small attainable goals you will soon see the benefits. 
What are you going to do today, to ensure you are fitter, healthier and stronger than yesterday? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment