Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plastic Surgery Madness



Recently plastic surgery is very much everywhere in the media due to the uproar about the poisonous breast implants, PIP. 

I will put it straight out there, my own opinion on plastic surgery. 

I believe that for those who is is necessary for, then yes go ahead, if it makes your life easier to lead, or helps you for medical reasons, then definitely. For those who choose to do plastic surgery for non-medical reason, please be careful. I am not against plastic surgery at all! But I believe many do not see the severity of the surgery, and how addictive it can be. Many enjoy the quick fix it gives to themselves and their confidence, and then resort to it more and more. That is where I stand. 

This post is about the influence of plastic surgery on children. I came across an article in Closer Magazine about Sarah Burges, 51, who buys her daughter, 7, vouchers for plastic surgery for when she is 18. Madness!  The mother herself has been dubbed the Plastic Barbie as she has had over £500,000 worth of plastic surgery.  Apparently little Poppy asks for plastic surgery all the time, she wants to look good, , and she can't wait to be like her Mummy with big boobs, as they are pretty. Her mother believes that she is investing into Poppy's future, as looks are a big part of peoples futures, and little girls dream of becoming WAGS etc, so looks are essential to achieve this goal. 

So I know this is an extreme example of the effects of plastic surgery on children, but it shows there does exist a relationship between children being surrounded by it and it's influence. 

In my opinion this mother is showing her daughter that perfection can be bought and achieved through plastic surgery, and its not OK to be happy with the way you look naturally, you need to enhance beauty. Overall small girls can grow up believing that they are not good enough, you have to be careful around influential minds. 

I know being a beauty blogger, it can seems skeptical as we are always talking about beauty products and how good they make us feel and look, but I believe plastic surgery takes this beauty obsession to another level. 

I would really love to know about all your opinions on plastic surgery. 

Is it a good thing, or a bad thing? 
Do you believe the younger generation are more susceptible to buying plastic surgery? 

I want to know, as we never talk about such a big issue in the beauty industry, yet we are all beauty bloggers, thanks girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment