Friday, February 28, 2014

The Worst Online Dating Headlines

The Worst Online Dating Headlines

Online dating can be daunting. You're essentially taking everything that makes you unique, and boiling it down to a few sentences in an HTML field, a pithy headline, and a pixelated smile. It feels like you're sacrificing yourself at the altar of other people's judgement. So to help you avoid the ritual slaughtering and float to the top of any woman's dating list, here's my list of the 7 profile headlines I always steer clear of. Read them, take notes, and then go update your profile if necessary.

"I'll try anything once."
Do you really want to say you'll try anything once? Driving blindfolded? Sweat lodges? Going to prison? This makes me think twice about your sanity. Plus, it reeks of sexual innuendo. Girls will assume you are the type of guy that sends creepy comments.

"Live, laugh, love."
You shouldn't have to remind yourself to do these things. Might as well say, "Eat, breathe, blink."

"My spirit animal is a wolf."
Congratulations, you and my mom's Deepak Chopra-reading, turquoise-wearing, post-menopausal friend now have this in common.

"I'm a poet"or "I'm a Renaissance Man."
I just pictured you wearing a turtleneck. And--to be blunt--introspection and turtlenecks are just not sexy.

"Carpe Diem" or "YOLO."
You'd be better off picking an inspirational quote from your Successories poster collection.

"I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
No disrespect to Ron Burgundy, but when one out of every five guys uses a line, its humor diminishes.

"Work hard, play hard."
Unoriginal. Party of one, your table is ready.

Renata Sellitti helps men navigate the wonderful, but sometimes confusing, world of women at her blog Miss Wingman.

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment