Saturday, January 25, 2014

John Cena Hates Weight Machines

John Cena Hates Weight Machines

John Cena--11-time WWE champion--just bench-pressed a personal best: 481 pounds. That's after arm surgery for a torn triceps and a physical therapy routine that he started in his hospital bed five months ago. 

And with a renewed focus and physical comeback, the pro wrestler--who also just announced his partnership with BodyChange, a 10-week weight loss DVD program--could show you a thing or two.

Cena isn't just a a wrestler, though. He's a rapper and actor, and an occasional reality TV star on Total Divas--which features female wrestlers the Bella twins. And turns out, a very cool guy. Check out his answers to my quick-fire questions. (Oh, and that's us in the photo above, taken at the Men Health office in New York City.)

#1: My favorite binge food is . . . French toast, blueberry muffins, bananas foster, or a slice of pizza. With the nutrition plan I'm on, one day a week is my "load day" where I get to eat whatever I want.  
#2: The best fitness tip I can give is . . . Consistency is key. I hate overcomplicating stuff.
#3: My favorite workout move is . . . Olympic movements like the snatch and clean and jerk.
#4: My least favorite move is . . . Anything on a machine. Machines are overpriced dinosaurs. I feel bad for the people who are married to them.
#5: I train like . . . An off-season football athlete. My schedule is all about resistance. It's either a push-pull day or an Olympic lifting day.
#6: When I work out . . . I'm not married to music. When I was younger, I trained at a gym called Hard Nocks. This mean old bastard ran it, but he was like a father to m e, and he said, "If you've got to be in here and motivate yourself with music, then you're in here for the wrong reasons."
#7: My biggest WWE victory . . .  Is the fact that I'm still here.
#8: The WWE has taught me . . .  Humility, patience, and the reward of hard work.
#9: A celebrity I want to meet is . . . Jay--Z, because of his success in business rather than his musical success.
#10: My hidden talent is . . . How well I can cook. I can make a steak that can pretty much rival any New York steakhouse.

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment