Friday, October 25, 2013

Wednesday’s Workout| How to workout when you don’t want to!

Wednesday’s Workout| How to workout when you don’t want to!

how to workout when you dont want to

We’ve all been there, sitting on the couch in the morning in your pjs thinking you would rather stay put and watch Saturday Kitchen than put on your gym gear and workout, or sat in the car on the way home having the argument in your head about whether you are going to workout when you get home…. recently I’ve been doing it more often thanks to the dark mornings and evenings!

So how do y ou workout when it is the last thing you want to do?

Well firstly, if you have exercised hard and a lot recently then you probably deserve a break, so don’t pressure yourself and take that break. However for everyone else who hasn’t worked out recently, and this is perhaps the second day of skipping your workout you need to really get back on the band wagon otherwise it will leave you behind and you won’t be reaching your personal goals anytime soon. To encourage yourself is possibly one of the hardest things to do, so I thought I would share my tips with you.

Build a community

When my alarm goes off at 6.00am in the morning and I can hear the rain hitting the bedroom window, I grab my phone switch off my alarm and head straight to Instagram or Tumblr. On Instagram I search for #FriskyFall #Toneitup #Fitspo for photos and posts of everyone else working out, eating healthy, posting their results. My tumblr dashboard is full of over 600 “fitspo” blogd that post tips, motivation, recipes and workouts. I then spend a maximum of ten minutes reading through these inspirational blog posts or photos to really gage my mind into WHY I am going to get out of bed and workout. This community is really one of the only things that helps me wake up before (what feels like) the rest of the world and workout.

Set Realistic Goals

Set goals but make them realistic!  Yes everyone will have an ulitmate goal, but by setting your bar too high to start with you can demotivate yourself. Set mini goals that will help you towards your ulitmate goal; be that “do 4 morning workouts this week”, “eat clean on weekdays”, or “get 8 solid hour s sleep 4 nights out of 7” all these goals will ultimately become habit after time, and once its habit your ulitmate goal will be within reach!

Have a “Cheat” workout

I have a “Cheat” workout; this is what I call a workout which isn’t massively demanding, one I enjoy, and one I can do anywhere as long as I have YouTube. On days when I REALLY don’t want to workout but know I should I begrudgingly put on my workout gear switch on YouTube and do the workouts below. The workout isn’t very long, it’s not massively demanding BUT it’s better than no workout at all! Doing a mini workout will help me towards my goal more than sitting on the couch thinking about it!

Reward yourself

This is the best part! Reward yourself… NOT with food… you are not a dog! Only dogs are rewarded for good behaviour with food. Celebrate your mini wins with mini rewards; if you’ve done 5 morning workouts that week, give yourself a lazy Sunday morning in bed. If you have eaten clean for all the weekdays give yourself a glass of fizz on the Friday night, if you loose a few inches buy yourself a new top. Every achievement deserves recognition!

I hope my tips help some of you keep on track through the dark and wet winter that is coming! I would love to know what you do to ensure you do a workout even when you don’t want to!

Go check out Jemma’s  wonder blog; Beauty In Things, filled with beauty, fashion and life. A beautiful beauty blog!

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment