Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Michael Buble at the O2| My weekend in London

Michael Buble at the O2| My weekend in London

 

london 7

I have had what seems like a very busy July! I’ve been on holiday, been to the races and also saw Michael Buble at the beginning of the month. As I had such a fabulous time I thought I would share with you some of the pictures of my mini break to London. Matt bought me the Michael Buble tickets as part of my Christmas present so I have spent the past 6 months in anticipation for this weekend so I’m sure you can understand just how excited I was. I am a massive Michael Buble fan (yes I’m so uncool) and have never seen him live before so this was the best Christmas present I could if asked for.

< p align="center">We had tickets for the Friday night so we took a train from Leeds to London at lunchtime to arrive in good time to get to our hotel and get some dinner in Greenwich. We had a wander around the Royal Naval College and took in some sun before heading for dinner. After eating dinner we headed back to our hotel to freshen up and took the tube to the O2 arena for the show.

london 3london 6london 1

The show was everything I imagined and so much more. I was completely overwhelmed  that I even had a tear in my eye when he sang my favourite songs. He sung perfectly  and has such a great personality so he had some great banter with the crowd.. even Matt was impressed! At the end of his show he took off all his microphone equipment and still managed to fill the entire arena with just his voice… it was so silent as everyone took it in, that you would of heard a pin drop. After the show we went for drinks in Canary Warf and retreated back to ou r hotel after a few glasses of wine.

micheal buble o2 londonmichael buble at the  o2 london

The next day was a scorcher so we were up early and made the most of our time in London. Having not really had an leisurely time in London whenever I have visited it, we decided to take our time and act like tourist for the day taking in the sights on London and wandering around the many beautiful streets in Kensington and Chelsea. We were underwhelmed with Oxford street after realising that the street has the same stores along it but just 500 meters apart, we headed to Hyde Park for a make shift picnic from Sainsburys. After our rest and sunbath we headed over to Harrods so I could pick up some macaroons from Laduree. When I lived in France my friend and I would visit Paris purely for the macaroons. We spend a good few afternoons sat in the Jardin des Tuileries nibbling on them in the sun… nothing beats them in my eyes! Matt went for the salted caramel and vanilla and I had pistachio and chocolate.

london 132london 11london 14

After a very long but enjoyable day wandering around London we hopped on the train and headed back to Leeds that evening for a barbeque with matts family… I was very happy to finally rest my very achy feet! Overall I had the most perfect weekend with my two favourite men (Matt and Buble). It was definitely worth the 6 month wait for my Christmas present!

Was anyone else lucky enough to catch Michael Buble at the O2? Or am I the only uncool blogger with the massive Michael Buble fascination?

Go check out Christina’s gorgeous blog Kimi and Me for fashion, lifestyle and all things pre tty.

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment