Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wednesday’s Workout| Tone your arms

 

fitness friday tone your arms 2-vert-horz

How is your week going? My week started yesterday seems it was a Bank Holiday and it started with a bang! I am attempting a modified version of the Tone It Up Seven Day Slim Down to kick start my diet seems it was lacking last week and Bootcamp last night was a killer! Like have to stand to the side for a minute to gasp air into my lungs killer… but no pain no gain! I may not be the fastest in the class but I kept going. I would love to get a Polar HRM Watch so I could  see how many calories I’m burning… maybe on payday!

Anyway, this weeks workout is going to concentrate on an areas many young girls ignore, their arms. However did you know that your arms are the easiest part of your body to tone up. If you try lifting some dumbbells, holding the plank or doing some push ups for a good 15 minutes a couple times of week you will notice a difference.

Now I understand that many of you do not want muscly arms, but you won’t… women aren't built so that they bulk up. Women's bodies tone up before you bulk then up. If you tone your arms, you will be less susceptible to bingo wings when you are older, and your arms will be lean and no longer look fatter in your side on photos… if you know what I mean. 

As your arms are one of the easiest parts to tone up you will see results very quickly which is a great motivator! My arms have toned up loads from doing regular toning exercise and it’s great to see muscle there instead of fat. My arms now have shape to them.

If you want to tone your arms then dumbbells are a great investment. You can buy them form anywhere now.. I think I’ve even bought some from Tesco before. If you don’t have dumbbells get inventive and use tins of beans, or water bottles filled with pebbles or sand. However you do not need equipment to tone your arms. I have included two videos in today’s post one that you don’t need equipment for and one that you need equipment for. Both are only about 7 mins long, but you don’t need long to feel the burn in your arms!

Do you want to tone up your arms? Which exercises do you use to tone your arms?

 

Cosmo blog awards 2013P.s If you enjoy my posts or my blog inspires you to workout and eat healthier, it would mean the world to me if you could vote it as “Best Lifestyle Blog” in the Cosmo Blog Awards.

 

Don't forget to check out my blogger of the week Cantara from Gym Bags and Glad Rags. If you enjoy my fitness post you will fall in love with her blog. She is a stunner with a great blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment