Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wednesday’s Workout| The Best Ab Workout| Ab Ripper X


Image from tumblr
Today is the start of a new feature that I am going to run on my blog. I decided that since you all seem to love my Fitness Friday posts I will offer you even more help with your health and fitness by sharing some of my favourite workouts with you. I am going to create a playlist on my YouTube channel so that they will all be in one place for you and will be easy to find when you want to try them.

This weeks workout is one of the hardest ones I do but also one of the most effective ones. I have previously reviewed the P90X workout program and this is one of the workouts from that program. It is a 16 minute ab routine that is to be followed no more than 3 times a week! For legal reason I cannot post the actually video on here, but thanks to Youtube there are plenty of kind people who demo the moves for you so it’s exactly the same!

Ab Ripper X is a very short but very intense workout, that encompasses 11 different ab moves repeated for 25 reps. I warn you, you will not be able to complete all the reps the first time you do it, you may not even be able to do some of the moves, but give it a try and work your way up. You will be surprised at how quickly you can improve your performance. I still don’t attempt the Cross Leg/Wide Leg Sit Ups or the V-Up Roll-Up as I don't have enough core strength to do these without putting strain on my back or neck. Instead I do one of the other moves from the routine or good old bicycle crunches.


Here is a complete list of the moves;
In & Outs- 25 reps
Seated Bicycle- 25 reps
Crunchy Frog- 25 reps
Cross Leg/Wide Leg Sit Ups- 25 reps
Fifer Scissors- 25 reps
Hip Rock & Raise- 25 reps
Pulse Up (Heels To Heaven)- 25 reps
V-Up Roll-Up- 25 reps
Oblique V-Up- 25 right, 25 left
Leg Climb- 12 per side
Mason Twist- 40 reps, 10 bonus. 

It really is one of the best ab workouts there is out there because it works all areas of your core. Don't be put off at the difficultly give it a go and you will soon master it.

What do you think of my new Feature Wednesday's Workout? Have you ever tried this workout before? What is your favourite ab workout? 

No comments:

Post a Comment