Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fuchsia Flowers| Easy Nail Art| NOTD


DSCF4675DSCF4682-horz

So as you may know, seems I don’t actually stop going on about it… I have a new job! Yes I am one of the lucky graduates that has managed to swindle herself a job. With my new job being office based I now am able to give a crap about my appearance… previously working in hospitality hindered my addiction to beauty products, as I was unable to wear lots of makeup or god forbid have painted nails!

As there exists no limits to my beauty regime, I am now completely addicted to nail varnish again! I have even attempted nail art for the first time, just to celebrate my new pretty nails. the inspiration came from Googling nail art, and after browsing some pictures, I picked an idea that I reckoned I could attempt with my limited resources.

My limited resources consisted of multiple colours of nail varnishes and Kirby grips. I am yet to buy nail art pens, but had read on someone’s blog that a similar effect can be done by dipping Kirby grips into nail varnish; and that's what I did.

To achieve this look I chose OPI Tickle My France-y as the base colour and applied two coats of this. To created the flowers I picked OPI Strawberry Margarita and simply dotted this in a round shape 5 times, then used OPI Alpine Snow for the centre of the flower, which I dotted in once. I then reversed the bright pink and white shade to create other flowers.

The final result is not the cleanest, some flowers are better than others, but I think for a first attempt I did well. Especially considering this look was created by using only one Kirby grip.

Has anyone else tried this technique at nail art? What tools would you recommend for a beginner?

No comments:

Post a Comment