Thursday, January 19, 2012

Body Scrub Review- Scrub Up Naked



I am obsessed with exfoliating! I love it, the whole process of getting rid of old skin and revealing lovely soft glowing skin.. amazing! (Obviously I don't over do it, as this does
 more harm than good.)


I often find with scrubs that they are not coarse enough for my liking, I actually like to feel the grains against my skin, not just for me to feel once and then for them to disintegrate like many do. 

I have my favourite facial scrub (Find out what it is here!) However I am yet to find a perfect body scrub. The best one I found was a one from Boots' Sanctuary range, it was a salt or sugar scrub.

I wanted to try a new one, so I looked up on Ebay and found a big giant tub of natural sea salt scrub for about £3.50... Bargain! It is made by the Natural Bodycare company, which is based in the UK. They use natural products and are against animal testing... great for such a cheap product! Now for the Review;

The Good

  • It is coarse! Yeah, lots of grainy bits of salt to rub into your skin!
  • This salt does not disintegrate quickly
  • Meaning you you do not have to use much in one wash :D
  • It leaves skin lovely and smooth (obviously this is the required result of a scrub but this scrub makes this smoothness obvious.)
  • It's animal friendly and natural (always a plus)
The Bad
  • The scrub leaves a waxy residue on the skin, this is obviously a result of the product being natural, but I do find it a little too waxy for my liking. (I suppose really the wax is keeping moisture in, but either way I don't like the feel of it.)
Overall I feel I am still looking out for a favourite body scrub, so will probably try something new next time.
Does anyone have a favourite body scrub they would recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment