Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winter Warmers\ Health Benefits to Soup


I don't know about you, but working all the time, and only having a short lunch break (20-25 minutes) makes finding a suitable, fulfilling and healthily lunch difficult. Especially during the colder months. I never have time to leave work and go to a sandwich shop such as Pret-a-Manager, Boots or Costa Coffee, and I do not like preparing my own cold salads or sandwiches.

So my latest thought has been soup. Home-made soup to be exact.
Yes I agree it easier to buy a can of soup, but it is not as healthy, more expensive and less fun.
So I make batches of soup, then portion them out into freezer bags, and freeze them. When I go to work I use the microwave to defrost them, and hey presto fresh home made soup to warm me up :)

This is a soup I made this evening- Lightly spiced Carrot Soup.
Recipe- http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12276/lightly-spiced-carrot-soup

BBC good food website has a few great recipes, they even have the nutritional value about each dish to help you calorie counters!

A quick, easy, healthy solution to a rushed lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment