Sunday, August 18, 2013

Monday’s Meal| Baked Chocolate Marshmallow Banana

Monday’s Meal| Baked Chocolate Marshmallow Banana

 

baked barbequed chocolate marshmallow banana 5baked barbequed chocolate marshmallow banana-tilebaked barbequed chocolate marshmallow banana 6

I am always on the look out for healthier alternatives to my cravings for cake and chocolate. I always struggle with my diet, as I love food so much. I workout a lot and often and know I should eat better, but my cravings for sugar are sometimes just too much, so in a battle to resist chocolate bars and cakes I have been trying to find sweet guilt free treats and today's recipe is one of them.

I had seen a baked banana recipe on my tumblr dashboard and thought about trying it myself and adding something extra; the marshmallows! Yes there is sugar in this recipe so it’s not the healthiest, but it is a damn slight better for you than that cake you’re thinking about. With only one banana, two marshmallows and 8 chocolate buttons, there isn’t anything complicated about this recipe.

Simply slice open your banana, making sure you for not pierce through to the other side. Then fill your banana with the chocolate buttons and marshmallows, make sure you do not over fill it as it will soon become an unhealthy treat! Simply wrap the banana in tin foil and place in a preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallow have melted. These are also perfect for BBQ’s! So if the weather ever improves add them to your next barbeque! Simply bake then unwrap your gooey goodness, grab a spoon and enjoy!

Nutritional content- 192 calories, 41g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein

Check out Jayne’s amazing fitness and lifestyle bl og Miss Jayne Becca. This girl is on of my personal fitspo’s so I promise you will not be disappointed with her fun, informative and motivating blog. 

Powered by WPeMatico

No comments:

Post a Comment